Mr. Robinson is a senior counsel at Lombardi & Donohue LLP. His practice focuses on on real property and intellectual property litigation. He litigates real estate disputes for real estate investors and other commercial property owners, including disputes involving TICs, property ownership, construction, commercial tenancies, discrimination, 1031 exchanges, and the dissolution of ownership entities.
Mr. Robinson also has an extensive background in business litigation, including disputes involving trade secrets, copyrights, contracts, partnerships, joint ventures, transactions, securities, patents, and employment. He has represented plaintiffs and defendants in lawsuits in federal courts, California State Court, the International Trade Commission, state administrative hearings, and in international arbitration. His clients have included multinational technology corporations and financial institutions, startups, and local businesses.
Before joining the firm, Dan practiced at large international law firms and served as a law clerk to the Honorable Virginia A. Phillips of the United States District Court for the Central District of California.
Mr. Robinson received his Bachelor of Arts degree from Rice University and his Juris Doctorate from the University of Minnesota, summa cum laude.
Honors & Awards
- Selected for Lawyers on the Fast Track, The Recorder, (April 19, 2013)
- Dan Robinson, Fighting for My Son, California Lawyer (August 2013)
- Dan Robinson, Case Study: CLS Bank V. Alice Corp., Law360 (July 25, 2012)
- E. Daniel Robinson, Note, Embracing Equity: A New Remedy for Wrongful Health Insurance Denials, 90 Minn. L. Rev. 1447 (2006)
- 2007 Burton Award for Excellence in Legal Writing
Mr. Robinson is a member of the State Bar of California, the Los Angeles Bar Association and the Ventura County Bar Association. He is also a member of the Real Property Law Section of the California Lawyer’s Association and active in the Ventura County Jerome H. Berenson Inn of Court
- Represented a manufacturer of ultrasound systems asserting claims for trade secret misappropriation and breach of contract in international arbitration, including defending and cross-examining witnesses at the week-long evidentiary hearing. Obtained substantial damages and a rare nationwide injunction.
- Successfully represented a manufacturer of mobile phone components in the International Trade Commission. Worked with an expert witness to obtain and conduct site inspections at the competitor’s factories in China. Defended the expert and examined and cross-examined witnesses at the week-long evidentiary hearing leading to a ban on importation of the competitor’s products into the United States.
- Represented a leading smartphone maker in a patent infringement dispute in the Northern District of Illinois, briefing the motions that led to Judge Posner’s groundbreaking decision on patent damages.
- Successfully defended an international technology company against claims of patent infringement in federal court in Texas. Drafted the winning summary judgment dismissing all claims.
- Successfully defended a cable television provider against a privacy-related class action lawsuit. Prevailed on a motion to dismiss all claims.